As elective surgeries are now ongoing, and with the opening of out-patient rehab clinics like ours, we have taken necessary steps to make sure everyone is as safe and comfortable as possible. The following steps are now being made for a gradual re-opening of the Hand-Upper Limb Clinic:
- We have appropriate PPE for all staff
- We have a fulltime screener at the front foyer prior to allowing entry into clinic
- We have multiple hand-washing stations throughout the clinic and the front foyer
- All Ministry of Health cleaning guidelines will be meticulously followed
- Social distancing in common areas, safe flow of staff/ patients ( reduced chairs in waiting rooms, 1-1 care in treatment rooms, limited patients, clinic flex hours)
- We provide cloth masks, at cost, to those who don’t have them
Our goal will be to have the safest clinical environment possible. Some new procedures we have in place to assist with this are:
- We discourage the use of cash. You can use e-transfer, ask the secretary how this works!
- You have the option to wait in your car and we can call you at your appointment time.
- Please refrain from bringing children or relatives to your appointment if possible
We understand some of you will not be comfortable coming into clinic. For this reason, we are happy to continue your care with telehealth visits, at your request.